Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) at work is analogous with a basic right to earn a living. The statutory ruling is a much belated and necessary step which will go a long way in creating safe work environments. Yet, the methods used for effectively implementing the law are nearly as important.
In addition to ensuring compliance with the other provisions stipulated, the Sexual Harassment Act casts certain obligations upon the employer to, inter alia,
- provide a safe working environment
- display conspicuously at the workplace, the penal consequences of indulging in acts that may constitute sexual harassment and the composition of the Internal Complaints Committee
- organise workshops and awareness programmes at regular intervals for sensitizing employees on the issues and implications of workplace sexual harassment and organizing orientation programmes for members of the Internal Complaints Committee
- treat sexual harassment as a misconduct under the service rules and initiate action for misconduct.
At Altavis Consulting, we endeavour to disseminate facts (both preventive and curative) in a sensitive manner which inspires compliance without alienating anyone or hurting their sensibilities.
Our range of services under POSH include:
- Audit & Review of Policies & processes
- Representation on ICC as an external member from Non profit organisation – Biz Divas
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) training
- Awareness program for employees (online cloud based solution with videos)
- Workshop for managers
- Train the trainer